Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Another Aide Problem

Yesterday, my aide Tiffany told me she wouldn't be here today because she had to take her son to the doctor.  So, assuming Tiffany told her boss, the company had at least a day, and probably much longer, to find someone else.  It failed.  Janeka had to do the shift.  Nor did the company notify Janeka, my team leader, that the shift was open.  Janeka only found out when I asked her who would be here today, and she called to find out.

Part of the problem, of course, is that the company struggles to find staff when new situations come up.  It can't hit a curveball.  Another part of the problem, however, as far as I can tell, is that it tends not to tell anybody it couldn't find replacement staff.  That leaves its clients in difficult situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment