Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Blog, New Post

This blog will focus on the title-- maximizing personal independence. Right now, I'm living in a nursing home. It's a nice enough nursing home, but still a nursing home. My goal throughout my adult life-- I have cerebral palsy, by the by-- was to avoid ending up in such a place. I failed in that.

I don't consider the game to be over, though. I see this as overtime. This blog will largely chronicle my attempt to get my own home, so I can have the the maximum amount of independence my physical situation will allow. There seems to be a real chance of this happening. Over the months ahead, we will see.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your post here. I am a social worker in the Indianapolis area. Have you applied for any of the Home and Community Based Waiver services. They are designed to help individuals live independently in the community. If you haven't, I'd be glad to point you in the right direction.

    Thank you,

    Franny

    P.S. I saw that you are a reader. I am hosting a giveaway for a $25 Amazon gift card. You can check it out here if you are interested:

    http://frannymiller.blogspot.com/2012/04/frannys-pre-birthday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete