Monday, August 13, 2012

Apartment Hunting

Saturday was a big day in my life.  For the first time, I went looking for a home of my own.  Mom, my brother Jeff, my sister Kim, and Laura from Insights Consulting were all with me.

We looked at a model apartment in a seniors only building.  I don't much like being a senior, but that's in fact what I am.  The apartment was terrific. I'd expected to look at one-bedroom apartments, but the one we concentrated on had two and rent per month that is only a bit more than rent on a single bedroom.  That would give me the option of using the smaller bedroom as my computer room, which really interests me.  I might also be able to get a dog, which also interests me.  I love dogs, and I've always felt safer when we had one.

I really feel we are building momentum on this project now.  We still have some hurdles to get over, but actually getting out and looking at a place I might live feels like a big step forward.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news, Greg! I'm really looking forward to seeing where the next couple of months lead you. GOOD LUCK!

    Woof,
    Holli

    ReplyDelete