Friday, August 10, 2012

In The Weeds

We are still in the bureaucratic weeds in the process of nailing down my new life, trying to determine exactly which government money I qualify to get, and which I should take, because that can have a bearing on what other funding I could get.  It's all very complicated.

Of course, politics in democratic societies are complicated.  Too often today, that truth is ignored, as American politicians roll out "solutions" to the nation's woes, and refuse to compromise.  Compromise and reform will be necessary across government in the years ahead, including in the funding programs I'll be using.  Ideally, the process of accessing such funding can be streamlined, simplified, and broadened in available resources, to aid a maximum number of people even if overall resource totals are not increased.  We will soon see how able our political leaders actually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment