Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hitting The Button II

My aide was late again this morning, so I hit the alert button as Janeka told me to, to let her know all was not quite well-- and an ambulance was sent.  Luckily, the aide arrived at the same time the parammedics did and quickly straightened things out, but I could've been left trying to tell those guys I really didn't need to go to the hospital even though, yes, I had intentionally hit the button.

True, the person involved in sending the ambulance had no details, only the alert, so you could argue that person acted out of an abundance of caution.  Aides are regularly late, however, and Janeka wants me to hit the button to let her know I'm alone 15 minutes after the start of the shift.  If that alert is going to trigger an EMT run every time, the arrangement quickly becomes unworkable.  We need a better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment