Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dermatologist

I went to a dermatologist yesterday to see about a little growth that had been bothering me.  The doctor took one quick look, almost a glance, and said it was nothing.  She then told me she could freeze it off, along with some skin tags I had.  So, I agreed.   She went at it with a will, finding more and more places to zap.  The burn/freeze business was no fun, but at least she shouldn't have to do it to those spots again,

While there, I needed to "sign" some papers.  In my case, that meant making some kind of mark-- different each time-- while Laura helped guide my hand.  I understand it's the law, but the fact is that anybody could've done what I did and claim it was my mark.  Disputing that in court, if that ever became necessary, would depend more on witnesses, like Laura in this case, than on my mark.  Having me weild a pen in that situation is a convenient legal fiction, it seems, that we all accept.  Laura did say we might need to get a stamp with my name on it that I can use.

2 comments:

  1. Disputing that in court, if that ever became necessary, would depend more on witnesses, Dermatologista florianopolis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.
    dermatologista florianopolis

    ReplyDelete