Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trusting Aides

Through this process of dealing with new aides every whipstitch, I've developed ways to assess them fairly quickly.  My assessments have changed over time with some of them, but they generally have held up pretty well.   I observe them first, seeing how competent they seem to be, how confident, and how comfortable with the situation they are.  Next comes how they deal with me as a person-- whether they treat me as an equal.  Some at the nursing home didn't bother to try to establish any personal relationship with me.

The aides I have currently are all on the good side.  They seem to do their jobs well, and they treat me with respect.  Jordan, who I met just yesterday, I already trust enough to let her give me a shower this morning.  It went fine.  Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this bunch for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment