Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tough Afternoon

Yesterday, I couldn't urinate while my aide was here from 2 to 4.  So, I didn't go from just after noon until just before six.  The last two or three hours of that were no fun.

Usually, I try to wait until after 3 o'clock to go, so the afternoon aide only has to take me once, and I'm good until the dinner shift aide gets here about 6.  I did that yesterday, but then I couldn't go.  So, I'll probably change strategy.  I'll go when the aide gets here at 2, and again before they leave at 4.  More work for both of us, but hopefully that will keep me out of tough situations.

I admit lots of this is mental on my part.  Not going for 6 hours, after all, is not disastrous.  Since I had the bladder cancer, though, I get concerned when I have the urge but can't go.  Not only is it physically painful, but I think of catheters and other stuff.  They say cancer changes you.  They're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment