Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hitting The Button III

My aide was late for the lunch shift today-- it turns out she missed the bus-- and I tried to call Janeka on my new cell phone, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.  So, reluctantly, I hit the emergency button.  As I knew would happen, an EMT squad was sent over, followed closely by Janeka.

Janeka now has my cell phone set up so that I can speed dial her number, so hopefully I won't need to use the emergency button again.  Hopefully, too, my aides will get here fairly close to on time every shift.

3 comments:

  1. My friend Karens emergency system connects to a speaker. The agency comes on and asks her if she needs assitance before they send the EMTs maybe that would work for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg,
    Do you call your agency when someone is more than 15 minutes late (I am talking the highest ranking person)? I would also follow up with an email (after calling of who you spoke to and which staff was late) that did not call. Also I would have the staff in their notes state "Greg had to call EMT'S because he was not notified staff was not showing up late or not at all". You need a paper trail. I am thinking EMT'S will not be looking to fondly on this if they are being called on something is not a true emergency. If you are on a Medicaid Waiver they should be filing incident reports if an EMT'S shows up at your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your concern-- whoever you are. :)

    ReplyDelete