Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Delaying Things

I had Yodit in the morning shift today.  Unfortunately, so did everybody else in this section.  Yodit brought my breakfast later than usual, and apologized for that, saying she was the only aide working in this section, so she had to get everybody up and dressed herself.  My lunch was also later, presumably for much the same reason.

I try to establish a routine when it comes to my bathroom visits, which is really the only reason I use the call button.  A routine makes things easier for me and for my aides, since I can call them less often if I can get adjusted to a consistent schedule.  Obviously, delays throw off my plans.  I was able to get things back on track today, but I'm looking forward to the time such things won't happen in my own place.

No comments:

Post a Comment