Friday, September 28, 2012

Overtime

In my first post in this blog, I explained how I'd spent my adult life trying to avoid going into a nursing home, and that I'd failed.  I didn't consider the matter closed, however.  I said I was in overtime.

Well, this is my final post from the nursing home.  With help and support from my family, and with the help of Melissa Justice, John Dickerson, and Jill Ginn of the ARC of Indiana, of Laura Fife, Kelly Crawford, and Alicia Patterson of Insights Consulting-- plus, so I understand, people I don't know-- I have won in overtime.  I leave here Monday, to move into my own apartment.  I will miss some of the people here, but I am ready to move into the next phase of my life.  Finally, in my own home.

4 comments:

  1. This makes me very, very happy! So glad for you Greg! Can't wait to hear about life in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, you are an awesome and truly inspiring man. It has been my pleasure to assist you in this transition and I look forward to continuing to provide you with any services that will improve the quality of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited that you will be part of Insights family, Greg! It's been quite the adventure! I am a better person because of meeting you and the experience. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg - this is Karen Craig. I've followed your posts periodically and am so happy for you as you move to your own place! Best wishes to you along the way. What a venture. Sharing your most personal experiences to raise awareness and make change is more than most of us muster up courage to do. Good luck with your writing career as well!

    ReplyDelete