Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Daily Meds

When a nurse comes to give you your medication here, that nurse means to get it done.

I take three pills daily, and the nurse can bring them any time throughout the day-- morning, noon, or night.  Today, a nurse brought the pills and some water before I was even out of bed.  She stood there waiting, holding the stuff, so I got out of bed and took the pills, and then got back in bed so it'd be easier for my aide to get me dressed.

I know they have to give lots of people lots of medication here, and I understand they have to keep to some schedule, but rest is surely also important.  She didn't come unreasonably early, but she did see I was still in bed.

Oh, well.  That's part of living in a large institution, I suppose.  In my own home I could take my medicine when it was convenient for me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment