Monday, February 25, 2013

Neurogenic Bladder

I had another tough time last night.  I was on the pot two hours trying to pee and in pain before I finally went.  The good news is that I've been able to go as usual since.

I emailed Nurse Danielle about it-- she works for one of the companies that supplies my aides-- and she said that is not uncommon for people who have CP.  It even has a name-- neurogenic bladder.  It seems all the tiny muscles involved in urination don't coordinate properly to allow me to go.  That, in fact, is how it feels-- as if I've forgotten how to go.  If that's correct, the problem would be unrelated to my bladder cancer.  She still wants me to get a prostate exam, though.

As I told me brother Joe a couple weeks ago, it's hell getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment