Wednesday, November 28, 2012

May Be Gettng Back To Normal

Yesterday I went one five hour stretch without urinating, and another nearly six hour stretch.  I tried to go while my afternoon aide was here, but failed, so I went from about noon to six without going.  Both stretches were painful towards the ends as I waited for the aides to get here, but other than that, there seems to have been no problem.  I regularly go four hours at night now without having to get up.  I think much of the pain is from muscles down there tightening up and screaming; it's not as bad at night when I'm sleeping and more relaxed.

Before I had the bladder cancer, I'd trained myself over the years to pee only twice a day, usually.  It was easier on Mom, who usually took me to the bathroon.  The cancer took that control away from me, making me admit that was one more thing I couldn't do for myself or those I love, and I hated it for doing that to me.  Now, the interval may be lengthening again.  If the pain goes away, too, maybe the bathroom will soon cease to be a focus in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment