Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Surprising My Aides

When I have aides who are new to me, they are generally surprised by how much I eat.  I'm not a big guy, so maybe that fools them, but I've always eaten well.  I imagine my appetite is connected to my cerebral palsy.  The CP makes me work harder than most people to do even simple things, work requires energy, and energy requires food.  I assume these aides are used to dealing with people far less active than I am, who therefore eat less.

New aides also tend to ask me if I'm tired-- which itself is tiresome.  They seem to want to put me to bed about seven in the evening.  Again, I don't know who these people usually work for, but I'm awake every night well past midnight.  I read in bed, and the reading does not involve comic books.  Maybe I look tired all the time, who knows, but in fact I have things to see, work to do, and a life to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment