Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New Urination Concerns

While I was undergoing bladder cancer treatments, I had to urinate extremely often, which drove me nuts.  Now, the other extreme is starting to be a problem.  I can go three, sometimes four hours now without needing the restroom, which is great.  The problem comes, however, when I can't go while an aide is here to help me into the bathroom.

Today, for example, I went when Jordan got here, a little after 10:30 this morning, but I couldn't pee again before she left, which is what I normally do.  So, I had to wait until Candace got here at 2.  That time span is not terrible, but I went to the bathroon as soon as she arrived, and I had to sit in there for over a half hour working through the discomfort and getting relaxed enough that I could go.  That was some after 2:30, and now I have to wait until Latisha gets here,  Tonight, that's around 6:30.  Candace did ask me if I needed to go again before she left at 4, but I declined.  That was a mistake.  It's nearly 5:30 as I write this, and the pain is starting to build.

President Lyndon Johnson had a favorite bit of advice he gave new political candidates.  He told them to go to the bathroom at every opportunity because, in political campaigns, you never knew when you'd get another chance,  I'll have to follow Mr. Johnson's advice for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Most treatment for bladder cancer are requiring surgery and its not easy. It will cause money, emotional and physical marks and stress would be a factor too. It would be best to have a bladder cancer alternative treatments first as an option.

    ReplyDelete