Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Aides By Sections

I haven't had my favorite aide, Yodit, for a few weeks.  I miss her.  She would do anything for the people in her care, and she's a kind and generous young woman.  Yesterday, she gave me supper and told me why she hasn't been around.

It seems the man in the room next to mine gives the staff a hard time, and Yodit finaly decided she could no longer deal with him on a regular basis.  The last few days she worked with me I could tell something was bothering her.  The problem seems to be that aides are assigned sections here, not individuals.  They work with everybody in a section.  So, if an aide can't work with one person in the section, that aide can't work that section.

I suppose that means I won't have Yodit regularly anymore.  That would be a real loss for me.  I suppose it's possible they could get this guy under control, but I hear him yelling at night sometimes, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Of course, if I had my own home, my aides would only have to deal with me and a housemate or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment