Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Frustrating Time

I'm getting back in control of myself a bit at a time.  Last night, I called for an aide before urinating.  She didn't come for twenty minutes, and I wet myself in the meantime, but being in control that much is progress.

This morning, if my aide had come at the usual time, I was ready.  I didn't have my regular aide, however, and nobody came.  After a while I hit the call button.  An aide came about 45 minutes later.  By then, though, I'd wet myself.  Twice.

That aide also gave me breakfast.  All through the meal, she talked on her cellphone, first to her boyfriend, and then to a girlfriend about the boyfriend.  Feeding me-- doing her job-- was not her main focus.  I so wanted to grab the cellphone and fling it.  Eating took twice as long as it should have.  To be fair, I should say the same aide gave me lunch, and that went just fine.  She was still fiddling with the cellphone, but she wasn't talking to anybody.

If I had my own aides in my own home, all that could be avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment