Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Getting By

When I have my main aides, getting through my day can be simple.  Umfortunately, with Yodit seemingly out of the picture, I'm down to relying on Charlene in the morning shift and working through the evening shift with whoever comes.

Charlene has had the last two days off.  Yesterday, I had a really nice lady who did a good job, except she didn't pull the Depends tight on me-- she just pulled my pants up over them--  and when I peed in them, the pee leaked out.  Today, a student aide gave me breakfast.  It was frustrating.  He kept up a running commentary about the food right through the meal.  When giving me a bite, he actually said, "Here it comes."  The menu ticket that came with the food said I had apple juice and prune juice, and that's what he called my drinks all the way through, even though they were in fact orange juice and Ensure.  The same guy gave me lunch, and gave me the chatterbox routine again.

Consistency of care, hopefully, will be much better when I have my own home and a small team of aides to provide the care.

No comments:

Post a Comment