Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting Beyond The Treatment

I had my last cancer treatment of the set last Friday, but I'm still trying to get over it.  I'm improving, but it's still tough.  I feel better than I did this time last week, though, so maybe I'll be back in control of myself by the end of the week.  The pain when I pee should calm down, too.  The past few days,  if I'd been standing up when I urinated, the pain would've brought me up on my toes.  I'm still going way too frequently, as well.  Hopefully, that will work itself out, too.

My friend John Dickerson told me recently I had to get through this cancer business because I had things yet to do.  I hope he's right.  Most people at least leave children behind.  My genes, barring something approaching the miraculous, will die with me.  That's not terrible, but I would like to leave something behind.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,
    John D. told me about your blog a couple of weeks ago and I've been following along ever since. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, but sure hope this continues to improve quickly!

    You know you're a "pioneer" of sorts in this business of busting out of a facility into your own home! A few people have done it before, but it's still a very "new idea" to most folks, so you ARE making a difference as you show others that this can happen, no matter what the apparent obstacles!

    Keep up the good work, and thanks for keeping us posted on your journey!

    all my best,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,

    In the presentation I was shown when I got into this program, several of the people mentioned were worse off physically than I am, so I feel comfortable this can work. Demographics are important, too. As the population ages. moving out of facilities and into a private home will need to be a regular option for everybody. Working out the functioning of such an option is where the pioneering comes in.

    Timbertoes? Interesting name.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete