Friday, March 16, 2012

Chain Of Command

When I have a specific issue here, I email the unit manager, who is over my part of this complex. She is very good about it, and assures me she will take care of my problem. Execution of her directions, however, can be spotty. We've made progress, but consistency is a problem. I assume that has to do with the parade of aides through my rooms lately. Each aide has their own approach, and at least one thing they do well, but there seems to be no real unified approach to providing the help I require. There seems to be relatively little effort to inform new aides about what I need except by word of mouth, which leaves the aide and I to work it out between us, even though we've never met. Lately, they've been sending new aides with aides who know me to learn some of what to do. That might help.


Lots of this is my own problem. I admit that. I am naturally a private person, and I don't like constantly dealing with new people. I also dislike being unable to plan ahead. I never know which aide I'll have next. Sometimes one aide will take me to the bathroom, and another will get me off the toilet. It keeps me on edge.

In my own home, there would be no chain of command. My aides and I would work things out between us because we would get to know each other-- and because I would have only a limited number of people to get to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment