Thursday, March 1, 2012

Staffing

I'm basically a private person, so staffing is a big issue for me. I'm told one of the aides who has helped me here at the nursing home has been let go. I gather one factor was that some residents didn't like her attitude. Tasha does have a natural severe expression to her face, and a brusque approach, but she also has a nice smile and a playful, engaging side. I will miss her.

This is a big place, and I understand there will be staffing challenges, but dealing regularly with new aides, each of whom has their own way of doing things, is difficult. I never know who is coming into my room next. In my own home, with contracted aides, I could hopefully deal with only three or four main aides (yes, I understand there will be substitutes) with whom I can establish relationships, even friendships. That would make my life much simpler, and much richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment