Thursday, March 15, 2012

Disaboomjobs

The website www.disaboomjobs.com posts job openings with major corporations that are aimed specifically at the disabled. The goal of such efforts, from the corporate viewpoint, is to increase diversity in the workforce, in accordance with public policy objectives. I keep an eye on the website, hoping to find a job I could do on my PC from home.

Having a steady job would allow me to either buy or rent my own home, meaning the state would only have to pay for aides. I'm assuming that would make getting such help more likely. Ideally, of course, I could make enough money-- perhaps by selling my novels-- to fund my own needs, leaving the state completely out of it. Maybe someday.

So far, the jobs offered on the website haven't meshed, necessarily, with what I bring to the table. Maybe that will change, or maybe I can find another avenue to independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment