Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Incredible Disappearing Pants

The nursing home does my laundry. About every day a young lady brings my clean clothes back to my room, and we exchange pleasantries. An odd thing happens fairly regularly, however. I run out of clean pants. I have an adequate supply of pairs of pants, but some of them, somehow, get held up somewhere. There are times when I have no clean pants in my closet.

This is no big deal. I haven't mentioned it to management. My pants always come back. Actually, I have one pair much too big for me that I wouldn't care if they did lose. The interesting point in this for me is why it keeps happening with my pants. I assume it's just one of those quirky things that happen inside the bureaucracy of a large institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment