Friday, March 9, 2012

Weighty Matters II

The nurse who gave me my medicine this morning told me from now on I will get protein shakes three times a day. She said that would help build up my muscle mass and strength. I guess maybe the doctor here decided my weight loss should be addressed.

It's good news. Trying to maintain my weight can't hurt, plus I like the stuff. Also, it will help my daily liquid intake. A tech at my urologist's office told me I should have at least 36 ounces of liquid daily for the health of my bladder. I'm not entirely sure whether she meant all the time or just while I'm going through treatments, but since it should be such a simple thing to do, I see no point in taking chances. When I have my best aides all day, I get that and more. I keep rough track. (Okay, maybe I'm a bit obsessive about it.) When I have other aides, however, I often fall short. So, maybe this new approach will help on two fronts.

Not to pound away on the point, but if I had the same aides consistently, essentially day in and day out, we could work out my liquid intake and my diet easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment