Friday, March 23, 2012

Night Adventures

Last night, about 2, I had to use the bathroom. I pushed the call button as usual, an aide came and got the urinal-- and I couldn't go. For whatever reason, that happens sometimes. The problem was that I was still hurting. Since my bout with bladder cancer, I've hurt when I have to urinate, and I keep hurting until I can relieve myself. The pain is not as bad now as it once was, but it still focuses my mind.

Anyway, by about 3:30, I decided I had to try to go again, so I pushed the call button again. That time, nothing happened. The light didn't come on. I kept pushing, but it didn't work. So, I yelled for help for about a half-hour, but nobody came. Finally, I got out of bed, crawled to my doorway, and yelled down the hall. Pain can be a motivator. Fortunately, the first person who came along was the aide who usually helps me at night. She got me into the bathroom, and all was well.

This morning, I showed my aide the call button wasn't working, and she fixed it quickly. I think it was just a fluke the thing stopped working; maybe I hit something I shouldn't have while trying to get the button.

It was an interesting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment