Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Possibilities

Last year, I wrote an article for a non-paying website which laid out a rationale for human spaceflight. That article brought me two interesting invitations, neither of which I could accept. The first was an opportunity to go on a national radio show to discuss the ideas in the article. The second was a chance to attend a space policy conference in Hawaii. It seems the State of Hawaii is supporting an effort to build an industrial park on the Moon as part of its economic development strategy.

As things turned out, the week of the conference in Hawaii was the first week I spent in the nursing home. Not that I could've gone out there, anyway, but the difference between where I was-- physically and otherwise-- and where I could possibly have been was stark.

I plan to contact the fellow in Hawaii again in hopes of getting a freelance writing assignment or two. Or three. If I could finally-- quickly-- get my writing career in gear, maybe I could buy my own home, or establish a fund to allow me to pay rent. If the state, then, would only need pay for my aide help, maybe the chances of me getting out on my own would increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment