Friday, March 30, 2012

My Meds

I take Attenolol for high blood pressure and Lipitor (actually, I think they use the generic Zucor here). I also take a sinus congestion medication. My doctor prescribed the first two, to be taken daily. An odd thing happens here. One or two days a week, I don't get the pills.

Various nurses give me the pills, so the issue can't be that only one or two nurses know I get them. I'm not sure what the deal is. If it's in my file that I get these things at all, which it clearly is, surely it also says I get them every day. I don't think it's anything systemic, anyway, because there seems to be no pattern to the missed days. I can get them any time throughout the day, or even after supper, so I can't really zap an email to the unit manager telling her I didn't get my meds. I don't know I'm not going to get them on a given day until I go to bed not having gotten them.

I don't think it's a big deal that I miss a day or two a week, but I find it curious such routine tasks can be repeatedly flubbed in a place like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment