Monday, March 26, 2012

My Menu

I get to plan my menu from a limited number of choices. Sometimes I even get what I order. Actually, they do better than that. This morning, an aide brought in menus for the next week so she could help me mark them. I told her I'd already done it-- I had, with another aide-- but she said we would do it again-- I don't know if she thought I was wrong, or fibbing, or stupid, or what-- so we did it again. Maybe she thought one might get lost, so it was better to have two rather than risk having none.

So, we'll see what I get this week. I'd be shocked if I picked exactly the same things both times for every meal. That's not the way the human mind works. Given choices where there are no obviously correct answers, most people would probably make one choice one time and another choice another time. If I did that, what I get to eat might depend on which of my menus somebody picks up.

Food here is not bad at all, but I do miss my favorite foods, and favorite meals. I look forward to having home cooking again at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment