Monday, March 19, 2012

Timimg The Call

Here, when I need an aide, I press the call button. I only do it when I have to go to the bathroom, which makes timing the call tricky. First, I have to be sure I really have to go; there's no point in getting an aide to come if I can't make the visit productive. Second, I have to take their arrival time into account. Sometimes it's ten minutes, sometimes twenty, and sometimes longer-- sometimes they even come, ask me to wait while they help somebody else, and take off again. In that case, I can have a tough few minutes if I waited too long to push the call button in the first place. Yes, I could try to get them to help me first, but I don't know the situation of the other person, so I don't. So, I don't want to push the button too early, but I can't wait too long, either. It adds stress to the physical activity involved.

In my own small home, with one aide around at any given time, I wouldn't need to worry about timing the call. I wouldn't need a call button. I could simply call.

No comments:

Post a Comment