Monday, April 2, 2012

Starting And Stopping

This has been a fractured afternoon.

First, lunch was a bit late-- nearly one. After that, I got on my computer, as always, but my aide for the morning was soon back to take my blood pressure. That was 99/65, by the by. Then, my aide for this evening came along to give me a shower. While I was writing this post, yet another aide came in to give me a fiber tablet.

I couldn't do a major writing project here. For those, I need uninterrupted hours to concentrate. True, they take my blood pressure maybe once a month and not always when I'm at the computer, but I never know when somebody might come in here for some reason. I try to accomodate their schedule, knowing they have other people to care for, so I go along. I also understand that most residents here probably aren't trying to work, so the staff is used to having essentially free rein.

In my own place, with aides who work for me, I could set my own daily schedule. I could eat my meals largely when I want, schedule showers for morning or evening, and give myself more time to work. Taking my blood pressure, if needed at all, could be done when I wasn't trying to do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment