Friday, April 27, 2012

Frustrations

Yesterday, a high school student gave me lunch for the first time.  She was obviously very nervous, but we got through it just fine.  Afterward, she helped me get to my computer, which I had arranged the way I needed it.  Before I could stop her, she moved everything, which made working on the computer yesterday afternoon harder than it needed to be.

Later yesterday afternoon, another aide came to give me a shower.  When we got in the shower room, she obviously didn't have everything planned out.  Before it was over, we were all over that room.  I got the shower, but not without concern on my part.  Lots of things could go wrong in there.

Both of them are nice young women, by the way.

There are a few aides here I'm comfortable with-- they know me, I trust them, and we've established ways of doing what needs to be done.  When I have them, my day is pretty easy.  So, dealing with new people is increasingly frustrating.  I know it's going to happen here, but, like everyone elso, I have my bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment