Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lunch

I had a new aide this morning, and she was perfectly fine until lunch time rolled around.  Then, she gave me three bites of food, most of an Ensure, and that was it.  She made it clear she didn't want to do it anymore, and I went along with it.  Trying to make somebody feed me when they didn't want to never has seemed reasonable to me.

New aides who feed me often give me a bite or two and ask me if I'd had enough.  I always say no, but then it becomes awkward trying to get through the whole meal, feeling that aide didn't want to be doing that.  Today, I didn't feel the aide gave me a choice.  She was nice, though; it seemed she was doing what she usually did.  Maybe most people here don't eat much, I don't know.

My regular aides give me my full meal.  That's what would happen in my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment