Monday, April 23, 2012

Musical Aides

Since yesterday morning, I've had to work with 7 different aides, including one high school student.  That doesn't include the aide who came when I needed to use the urinal overnight.  Happily, I knew all the aides, so it was no problem, but it could have been a tough time.  The seventh, who happens to be my favorite aide here and the one I have the most, told me she was sick with a headache and only came in today because she couldn't find anybody to work for her, so if she goes home early I might have to deal with another aide or two yet this day.

I understand aides get sick, go on vacation, etc.  I assume, though, that if I worked with an established, approved agency to get my aides, I'd have fewer aides to adjust to.  That would make it easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment