Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tough Night II

Last night, I was again unable to use the urinal, and again, the aide initially refused to take me to the bathroom.  She told me the nightshift supervisor had said I needed to use the urinal because I'm too weak at night to go into the bathroom.  So, I had to call the aide a second time.  That time, she took me to the bathroom, and I was able to go.

I don't know if she took me on her own authority, or if she got permission after the first attempt, or if the nightshift supervisor's policy was overruled by the unit manager's policy, who said after the first time this happened she'd told the staff I was to be taken to the bathroom whenever I asked to go.  Bureaucracy is unavoidable in an organization as big as necessary to run a nursing home this size, I suppose.  Whatever, I'm grateful she took me.

Bureaucracy wouldn't be necessary in my own home, however.  All such issues could be worked out between my aide and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment