Thursday, April 12, 2012

Architectural Design

Living here in the nursing home, I've learned something to look for if I ever get to shop for my own place.

Here, I have what I guess you'd call a half bath-- toilet and sink-- right off my bedroom. It's extremely convenient. Everywhere else I've ever lived, the bathroom has been down the hall, or across the hall, or outside my bedroom. I like the privacy and convenience of having it right here. So, when I'm looking for my own place, one plus will be a bathroom right off my bedroom.

The shower here is down the hall. Ideally, I'd want a full bath off my bedroom, as transferring quickly from the shower to my bed would be the simplest way to get me dressed, for both me and my aide. I expect my place will be small, so a tub down the hall in my private home would be okay, but a half bath directly accessible from my bedroom would be very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment