Monday, April 16, 2012

Tough Saturday Night

Since I had bladder cancer, I generally have to urinate in the night. Usually, that means using a urinal, but sometimes, for some reason, I need to sit on the toilet. Saturday night was one of those nights, but the aide refused to take me to the bathroom, saying her instructions were that I used the urinal. This aide had taken me to the toilet before with no problem, so I don't doubt she was following instructions. I tried again two hours later and still couldn't use the urinal. Also since the cancer, when I need to urinate, I'm in pain until I can go. So, Saturday night I spent several hours in pain, waiting for my morning shift aide to begin work. I hit my call button as soon as her shift started, and she came and took me to the bathroom.

I sent an email outlining the situation to the management here, and the unit manager over my area assures me it won't happen again.

In my own home, with aides with whom I have a relationship, however, I don't see something like that happening in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment