Thursday, April 26, 2012

Process Moving Along

The process exploring whether I qualify for government aid to move out of the nursing home and into a home of  my own with help from aides has taken another step forward.

A woman from the consulting firm hired to assess my need for aides has begun that assessment by calling the nursing home and talking to a nurse here about my requirements.  We're off to a pretty fast start, as these things go.  The next step, I assume, is for the woman to come out here and interview the aides who work with me the most.  Once she has the data, the woman will recommend a budget for my case.  That done, I'll be assigned a case manager, and we'll go from there.

Hopefully, the woman will meet with me while she's here.  I'm told that's not always done, which seems odd.  The whole exercise is about my wishes, and her assessment, as I understand it, is about my physical capabilities.  Meeting me would seem an obvious thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment