Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Eating Late

Both yesterday and today, I failed to get my lunch until well after one o'clock. Both times the aide who gave me lunch apologized to me, and neither time tried to rush me through eating, so I haven't made this an issue. My supper has also arrived well after six a couple times recently; that aide told me she had to feed somebody else first. I seem to have the reputation here of being a patient man.

Something seems to be going on here. Some aides have quit, and others have been fired, or so I hear. The administrator seems to have recently resigned. That would put the staff still here under more pressure, and indeed about every aide or nurse who came into my rooms yesterday told me what a wild day it was.

Since I don't eat breakfast, and since I do my work on the computer during the afternoon, eating lunch so late is a problem. I've had time to do my email and keep up both blogs, but that's about it. In my own home, with aides who could be more focused, I could establish and maintain a schedule that would give me more time to pursue my goals and interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment