Friday, April 20, 2012

Yesterday Afternoon

My aide took me down the hall to give me a shower yesterday afternoon.  Before we got there, though, another resident yelled at her and told her he wanted to get out of bed.  So, she had me wait in a commons-like area while she helped him.  She had to get a lift to get him out of bed.

While waiting, an elderly man sat in a wheelchair near mine, his chin deep into his chest.  He kept calling for help, never taking his head off his chest.  The nurses sitting at a nearby station ignored him.  I guess they knew him.  Another nurse came along and told the man he was fine, but as soon as she left him he started calling for help again.

I've also heard about other residents here.  The aides and nurses have a tough job.  You couldn't really blame them if they had bad days sometimes, except for the fact that they are supposed to conduct themselves professionally towards all their clients at all times.  Currently, I have two aides who work with me most of the time, and they are both very good.  Hopefully, I can keep them both for as long as I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment