Friday, April 13, 2012

Wildlife Observing

Another thing I'd like to have in my own place is a bird feeder. My brother Joe got me one that I had for a few years, and I enjoyed it. He hung it right outside my bedroom window. I had my computer set up in front of that window, so I could watch the feeder all afternoon as I worked at the computer.

It was quite a view. I was maybe four or five feet away from the birds, and they had no idea I was there, so I could watch them from up close. Several species visited the feeder, from little sparrows to cardinals and blue jays. Even starlings tried to perch on the feeder, but they were too big.

Anyway, that's one more thing I might have in my own place. It's not important, but it would be something I'd enjoy. On the other hand, the birds made quite a mess under the feeder, so any perspective landlord might nix the idea. Maybe we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment