Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Step Forward

I got word yesterday that the process aimed at getting me out of the nursing home and into my own place is moving forward. I have a place on the waiver list required for the process to continue, so that's one more hurdle behind me.

The next step is for the state to hire an independent person to determine exactly what kind of needs I have and how much help from aides I would require. To put that together, the person will interview me and the aides here who work with me the most. That might turn out well in my favor. Fairly often, a new aide will come with a regular aide of mine to watch and see what needs doing and how to do it. They also talk between themselves, as if I wasn't there, or couldn't hear, or couldn't understand them, which is odd. Anyway, my regular aides often tell the new ones how self-sufficient I am. I assume that will be a positive for me.

So far, this process has moved along at a good pace. I have a feeling this might be a point at which the momentum might slow, but I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment