Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another Step Ahead

I got the welcome word yesterday that we are moving into the next phase in the process of getting me a home of my own.  I've been assigned a case manager-- Jill Ginn of ARC thinks the particular person might be an interim case manager-- and the first meeting with her is set for next week.

The case manager, whoever it turns out to be, will work with me to determine exactly what I want my daily life to be like, develop a budget to support my needs, and help me find a provider, a company that will provide my aides.  That should go a long way towards bringing this to the conclusion I want.  The two basic elements I need, besides the waiver and the money, are a home and aide support.

The process is going along at a pace that has both surprised and pleased me.  I'd thought getting to the case manager level might slow the momentum, but we seem to be there.  Now, if only we can keep pushing ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Greg. I just found your blog after hearing about it from John Dickerson, and look forward to reafing more about your journey out of the nursing home toward independence.

    I was also wondering whether you have considered self-publishing your books on Amazon. My understanding is that it is free to feature a book on the site. Amazon prints each copy on demand, as customers order. You can also set your own price, and Amazon makes its money by taking a cut of that. You also retain the copyright, I believe. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete