Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Interesting Possibility

One of my main interests is our future in space.  I've been fascinated by space travel since Apollo.  I didn't see much point in Mercury or Gemini, but when Apollo actually went somewhere-- the Moon-- I was hooked.  I've published some articles on space policy, and I write a blog on space topics at http://www.thewayoutspace.blogspot.com/.

Last year, one of my articles published on a website caught the attention of a fellow who has a nationally syndicated radio show that discusses things space.  He emailed me and invited me on the show to talk about my article.  My speech is too poor for that, and I explained that to him.  I thought the opportunity was gone.

However, for the past few years, I've been an online buddy of Randa Milliron, CEO of Interorbital Systems, one of the companies trying to open space to commerce and free enterprise.  So, Randa was on this radio show recently, and I came up in conversation.   They decided it'd be cool if the show submitted questions to me, I would type out my answers, and someone would read my answers on the show.  I'm waiting to hear from this fellow.

This would be an interesting project.  It may open some doors for me.  Or maybe not.  Maybe we'll see soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I may not be able to express this -- but without personally knowing you, I'm so glad that you remain engaged and positive in spite of your cancer treatments. What have your thoughts been about SpaceX?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SpaceX is off to a great start, isn't it? Watching it build on recent successes will be really interesting. Wish the company would hire me!

    ReplyDelete