Thursday, May 3, 2012

Yodit

Yodit is the aide here I've come to depend on the most.  She's from Eritrea, which used to be part of Ethiopia.  Her mother still lives there, and Yodit misses her mother terribly, but she can't go back to her homeland.  She tells me that if she went back she'd be arrested.  Eritrea has a poor human rights record.

Yodit is an excelent aide.  She would do anything for the people under her care.  She's also a kind young woman.  Today, she left for California, and she won't be back on duty until next Wednesday.  I hope she has a good time, of course, but I also hope aides I know and trust take over for her until then.  If that happens, the next few days can go smoothly.  If I get new aides on her shift, however, the next few days could be a bit of a struggle.

I'm developing a relationship with Yodit that I'd want with aides in my home.  We like each other. We've learned to work together well, and I know I can depend on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment