Friday, May 11, 2012

Getting Rushed

I get online every day after lunch and stay until suppertime.  It's my work time, and my play time.  Around suppertime, though, I have to watch the clock.  I try to have my computer shut down before the aide arrives to feed me.

That's important because if they get here with my supper before I'm off, they'll either bring the food over to where the computer is and start trying to feed me, or they will try to pull my chair away from the computer.  Yodit, my main evening aide, will wait, and even help me shut down the computer, but otherrs-- not so much.  I try to ask them to wait, but that doesn't really work.  I end up shutting it down before I really want to so I'll be ready when they come.

I understand they have other people to care for here, but it seem sometimes that they don't think my time has real value.  In my own home, that would be fundamentally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment