Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Timing Is..... A Lot

About noon today, Millie, the social worker here, came by and asked me if she could show my rooms to a potential resident.  I agreed, and she proceeded to do so.  She told me she had a feeling I wouldn't be here much longer.  Millie has been on my side ever since she found out I was trying to get my own home.  She was very happy for me today.  We'll see if her feeling is correct.

When Millie came in, I was waiting for my aide to come.  I pushed the call button, and a half hour later my aide came hustling in, told me she was in the middle of something, and asked me if I could wait a bit longer.  I said I could.  Millie came and went.  A half hour after she came the first time, my aide came back, bringing my lunch, and finally took me to the bathroom.  As it happened, the hour delay did no real harm today, but I start another round of bladder cancer treatments tomorrow, and if they're that tardy for the next couple weeks or so, I wll have wet myself long before they get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment