Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Step Forward

This morning, my brother Jeff and I met with my new case manager.  Jill Ginn of ARC was also here to help, and representatives from the nursing home also sat in.

It was a good meeting.  I now have money and a budget assigned to me, which allows us to start contacting providers that supply healthcare aides for home situations.  At the same time, I'll be checking out possible housemates, and homes-- either apartments or houses.  A freestanding condo might be a good choice, as then we would have the advantages of living in a house while somebody else would be responsible for the outside upkeep.

I'm not sure what kind of person I'd want to live with; I'll have to figure that out as we go along.  This should be an interesting, possibly exciting, summer.  Now, if only my Pittsburgh Pirates can come through....

No comments:

Post a Comment