Thursday, May 24, 2012

Another Tough Day

Today, my lunch was late again, and I had to use the restroom.  I'd planned to wait until my aide brought lunch, but that wasn't working.  So, I was just about to hit the call button when she arrived with lunch.  I decided to eat lunch first, then go to the bathroom.  I got through lunch just fine, and then told her I needed the bathroom.  She said okay, then asked if I could wait while she took the food tray back.  I said I could.  I've worked with this aide many times, and she often asks me to wait while she does something else.  Usually, it's no problem, but I'm not at my best at the moment, and I wet myself before she got back, which took about forty minutes.  She was apologetic, told me it was her fault, and changed the Depends I'll be wearing for the next ten days or so.  It's still upsetting to wet myself, though.  It's a personal failure when I can no longer handle the pain.

I've also learned the aide on my evening shift is somebody new to me.  I don't need to be trying to deal with a new aide while I'm trying to deal with these cancer treatments and their painful aftermath.

In my own home, I wouldn't have to wait while my aide took the food tray back and got sidetracked by something or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment