Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Weight

The nursing home doctor was in here a few minutes ago, giving me a quick once over.  She commented she thought I'd lost weight since the last time she'd seen me.  In fact, as I told her, I've been gaining.

The first time they weighed me after I moved here, I weighed 95 pounds.  Subsequently, I lost weight over weeks.  Of course, during that period, I was adjusting to living here and worrying about Mom, who had triple bypass heart surgery a couple weeks after I came here, and then had to recover from that.  I got down to 90 pounds.

We've been trying to reverse that.  One aide especially, Charlene, has taken it upon herself to give me more to eat.  Yesterday, she weighed me, and I came in at 96.  The staff here was happy about that.  They said they'll throw a party when I crack 100.  At the rate I'm gaining, that might happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment